Tuesday, April 13, 2010

KUROSAWA


Do you know Akira Kurosawa... the world well-known film director?

I am sure you've heard of his name, but have you seen his films?

Well,this year is the 100th anniversary of Kurosawa's birth and one movie theater is playing 30 of his movis in 3 weeks.

I hadn't seen his films on movie screens, only on videos and DVDs, so I went to see one of his films called "Yojinbo (The Bodyguard)" made in 1961.
Boy, it's good! Great script, acting, and directing!!
No wonder why Kurosawa had influenced so many film makers including George Lucas.
The next day, I went to see "Shichinin no samurai (Seven Samurai)" and "Kakushitoride no sanakunin (The Last Princess)".
I am planning to see 4 more of his films this week.
Watching them on movie screens is much much better than on TV, you know?
I especially like his earlier works...black and white movies.
Too many film makers these days depend on computer technologies.
I think he proves what a good film needs is not CG but a good stroy, good actors, and directing.

8 comments:

Jayson said...

I just noticed that old classics are more recognized and applauded than its modern counterparts -- whether that classic is a movie, drama, a song, or anything.

As they say, these things may be "oldies, but goodies."

[img]http://www.mazeguy.net/happy/yes.gif[/img]

Jayson said...

Yoohoo!
Anybody home?

Jayson said...

hello...

Mark (UK) said...

Just found out - Kay is back on NHK World doing an English language programme called 'Friends Around the World' - I presume this has replaced the much-loved 'World Interactive' but I haven't listened for a while. Great to hear Kay again!

Listen here:
http://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/english/radio/program/index.html

Masa said...

hello!

Kay you forget your own this blog!

i enjoyed your chat.

keep posting here!

Anonymous said...

Excellent post. I want to thank you for this informative read, I really appreciate sharing this great post. Keep up your work up. How to write Short Essay?

Anonymous said...

Hello Kay ,

Just looking around while watching Jib tv ; thought I would mention the "Seasoning The Season " segment I watched tonight "Nights Of Snow " , beautiful camera work.

Terry USA 12-19-2012

Unknown said...

hi,

I just observed that old oldies are more identified and praised than its contemporary alternatives -- whether that traditional is a film, dilemma, a music, or anything.


Pain Management | Post Traumatic Stress Disorder