Sunday, January 11, 2009

Theater production

We have started rehearsals for a play in February.
This is my production!!
Yes, I am not only an actor but also a writer and a producer. Hope it is going to be a great success!
In the play, we use Okayama direct. You know, in Japan, there are so many directs and they are very different.
I can speak Tohoku (Northeastern region)direct but western direct is quite new to me. We have invited a native speaker and recorded while she read the script.
I love the sound of their direct but it's going to be a challenge for me to master it...


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kay!

Surely you're busy at this moment with all those work to do.

I hope your theater troupe will have a performance here in the Philippines so I can now finally watch you on stage. ^ ^

We also have many dialects (87 to be exact). I speak both the standard Tagalog dialect which is spoken here in Manila and the Batangan dialect which is an ancient form of Tagalog spoken in my home province of Batangas, 80 kilometers south of Manila.

I use the standard Tagalog when having casual conversations. At home, I often speak Batangan and I love how it sounds. ^ ^

Anonymous said...

Hello Kay,

You mean Okayama DIALECT?
I agree it is very difficult to speak some place's dialect.
So I say, "Ganjoshite!", which is a Tottori dialect meaning "Ganbatte!" or "Work hard."

By the way, you guys often have a party. Is that just a scene of the play? I really envy you. In Tottori dialect again, "E-gaina-."

Write to you again,

Anonymous said...

Wow! Writing and producing a play...I can't believe it...I believe that your experiences will help your play to become successful...

To add with what JM said, almost every Filipino(except those who were born and grew up in Manila) can speak three languages: their native dialect, Filipino, and English. An exception is when the parent of a child grew up in the provinces or when the child studies in a Muslim school(in this case,they can also understand Arabic). Filipinos even used to understand Spanish, too bad it's not a school subject anymore...