Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Kyoto

I was in Kyoto last weekend.
I had been there many times but it was my first time travelling in summer, and I LOVED IT!!

I had often visited there in autumn because Kyoto is famous for it's beauty of colored leaves. But as so many people think the same way, the place gets very very crowded.

In summer, on the other hand, the place is nice and quiet.
You can spend hours looking at gardens of temples.

Below left is Eikando and right is Nanzenji.





In July, the famous festival called Gion Matsuri is held in Kyoto. The highlight of the festival was over (on the 16th and 17th), but when I went there on the 24th, there was Hanagasa junko parade.






















If you ever visit Kyoto, I strongly recommend you to go in summer! (That is if you could put up with the heat.)

3 comments:

Takashi Stone Village said...

Hello, Kay,

Why didn't you extend your tour to Tottori? Only a few hour train ride more to come.
We'll have the Shan-Shan-Umbrella-Dancing festival this weekend.
It is originally to pray for rain.
You must see it someday.

You really sound a lot more like you when speaking English at the NHK radio program last week.

Write to you again,

Kay said...

Takashi

Yeah, I do want to go there someday!! The festival sounds like fun!

KIM YONG HO said...

Hi! I'm yong ho and from korea.
when i saw your photo for reminding me of it.
last winter,I went to Kyoto.
it's really nice place you know.
I couldn't forget Kiyomizu-dera Temple where is really nice palce.
i hope i go again.