Tuesday, September 30, 2008

New family

In Japan, there is a saying "Atusa samusa mo higan made" means after "higan", the summer heat or the winter cold ends and start the next season.

It is so true!! It got much cooler after September 23rd,the autumnal equinox.

During "higan" or "other shore", memorial services take place at temples and people make visits to graves to comfort the sprits of their ancestors.

I went to my hometown and visited my ancestors' grave since I couldn't do that during Obon season.

It was nice to get together with my family and see our big cat still being big...(^^;)




And one of my elder brothers now have a puppy!!
He is soooo cute!!!!
His name is Win, a three month old Welsh Corgi. I love dogs!! I wish I could keep one at my apartment in Tokyo...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kay-chan! ^-^

Thank you for reading my blog. Yes, I really had a good time with him.

Wow, that cat sure is a strong eater! Same with our female Japanese Spitz puppy here. She's just about two months yet she's grown into a furball but she's cute too and looks like a stuffed toy. ^ ^;

We have two dogs here, a one year-old male mixed Border Collie and the puppy that I just mentioned.

At first, they couldn't get well along because the older dog is jealous of her! Now they've become playmates and would play tirelessly throughout the afternoon. But they still fight over food.

^-^

Anonymous said...

Yup, you read it right: C-H-R-I-S-T-M-A-S. I hope this article from Wikipedia gives you an idea on how we celebrate Christmas : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philippine_Christmas_traditions

In addition to that, students have a vacation lasting for 2-3 weeks beginning from a few days before Christmas until the Monday or Wednesday following the New Year.

Anonymous said...

...as for the article, I guess searching the Net is a better option after all...