Monday, July 14, 2008

The Winds of God

It's been really hot for a few days in Tokyo although "tsuyu" or the rainy season hasn't been over yet...

Anyway, I saw a play called "The Winds of God" the other day.
It is a story of two young comedians.
One day they were hit by a truck and when they woke up, it was a whole different world...They were back in August 1945 as Kamikaze pilots!!
It is not a story that praises kamikaze pilots but it appeals how futile wars are. How much it brings sadness to everyone.

The play was written by an actor Masayuki Imai 20 years ago and even became a movie.
The one I watched recently was played by young actors who toured around the country to show the play to high school students.
It was the 4th time for me to watch the same play but I still enjoy it.

At first, the students were busy talking to their fellows and not concentrating on the play, but towards the end, they were drawn to it and many of them were even sobbing.

I believe it is important to send anti-war message to younger generations NOT to make same awful mistakes!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

… in order NOT to make same awful mistakes?

By the way, in Tottori some people stand on the right side of the escalator, and others stand on the left.
There's no rule here, also no problem at all. Because nobody is in a hurry, and we have a lot of room in the escalator due to much fewer people than Tokyo.

Write to you again,

Anonymous said...

In order to make same awful mistakes?!

I think there is a terrible mistake here.

Anonymous said...

...to make the same mistakes? Oh my, I don't want to hide in the caves just like what my grandmothers did...

Anyway, we are experiencing monsoon rains in late afternoon until evening. July 7, however, is a li'l bit exaggerated: The rain poured very hard for almost three hours and totally stopped about five hours later. Just imagine having a waterfall inside your bathroom with its source coming up from the roof...

Kay said...

Whoops!! I am so sorry about the mistake.
Thank you for pointing out!!
How embarrassing...
(>_<),,

Takashi
I would like to move to Tottori right now...

Jayson
Hope there were very small damages...

Anonymous said...

Very well said, Kay. (never mind the mistake ^-^)

Last Saturday, me and several of my fellow Nikkei-jin friends watched the Eiga-Sai, a free admission Japanese film festival organized by The Japan Foundation in celebration of the Philippine-Japan Friendship Month. I enjoyed the movies and what perplexed me most is "Canaria", a film which depicted the lives of a boy from the Nirvana cult and a young girl that he met along the way. It was quite artsy but I got the logic anyway.

And earlier today I was with the same company of friends and went food shopping on a big Japanese grocery store. Since the prices are only a bit lower than those in Japan, my wallet nearly dried up. ^-^

Anonymous said...

There weren't any damages. It's just like that when the rain pours very hard and strong winds blow at the same time.

It's a good thing that we are only experiencing lighter rains now even though there's a passing typhoon as of the moment.

By the way, you're now a stage performer, right? I wish I can see some of your performances so that I will know a lot about Japan...

Kay said...

JM
Is it the Philippine Japan Friendship month? I didn't know that.
I just realized that I have never eaten the Philippine food... Are there any restaurants in Tokyo??

jayson
I am glad there was no damage!

Anonymous said...

My parents are anti-Japanese because they believe Japanese conduct during the war and (beheadings etc) were brutal. I try to make them understand the beauty of Japanese culture and the fact that military elements dominated Japanese society during WWII but sadly, their (especially my father's) prejudice against Japan as a nation remains.

Anonymous said...

Excellent post. I want to thank you for this informative read, I really appreciate sharing this great post.
Keep up your work up. How to write
Long Essay?

Anonymous said...

Excellent post. I want to thank you for this informative read, I really appreciate sharing this great post.
Keep up your work up. How to write Long Essay?