Friday, May 30, 2008

My trip to Cannes


At the film festival, if you wanted to see the movie at the main hall in the evening, there was a dress code for everyone. Men needed to wear suits & bow ties while women needed to wear dresses. It was a unique and fun experience to dress up and watch movies!


Anyway, I love movies so I never got tired of watching them. But I found that many movies of the Cannes' competition section are quite depressing...



So, one day I decided to watch a movie which was not in the competition of Cannes' but in the Berlin's.

It was a German film called "Cherry Blossoms -Hanami-" which I enjoyed very much. I was in tears throughout the whole movie. If it ever come to your countries, please watch it.






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to home, Kayさん!
I'm really glad to know that you had a great time in France.
I've never been to France but I felt as if I were there after enjoying your photos and comments.
I'd like to go Cannes and
"Cote d Azur" someday.
First I have to save some money and buy a beautiful dress to enjoy the film festival.
Please keep going with your job, darling. (*^^)v Mayu

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, Kay!
I really wonder what your job is.
You said you'd go there on business, right?
Your job is watching movies?
Are you going to become a movie critic as well as announcer and actress?
Write to you again,

Kay said...

Mayu
Thank you. Yes, Southern France is so beautiful. But speaking of money, things are quite expensive there...Much more than I expected, since Euro is stronger than Yen now. Going to Germany in February and France in May was a bit too much.

Takashi
Not quite...I do whatever I am asked to do. I was kind of an interpreter for a movie producer there.
(^^)

Anonymous said...

Okaeri nasai, Kay!

How about considering a job in the film industry? I think your background in theatre would be of great help if ever you like to venture the film industry!

Anyway, it's nice to know your back and I feel happy that you enjoyed your trip very much!